KTemporaryFile::createLocalFile()

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Thu Jul 5 12:24:51 BST 2007

Am Donnerstag, 05. Juli 2007 12:06:50 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> I explained to someone this exact same problem last week on IRC. And we
> were talking about Kate and its diff'ing programs. I don't remember if it
> was to Dominik I was talking to, but we ended up agreeing that
> setAutoDelete(false) would suffice.

That's sad - there are indeed quite some use cases where one just wants to
have a local temp. filename for passing that to external programs.  In
theory, it would of course be best to "just pipe" the diff output through to
kompare.

> Again: I object the patch.

..in favor of setAutoDelete(false)?  AFAICS, that leads to more code,
conceptually doing the same.  But thats just MHO.

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS