Printing, CUPS version

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jul 4 19:56:11 BST 2007

While sorting out licensing issues, I ran across a file with code
borrowed from CUPS.  This is compat code, and Michael Goffioul
suggested it could probably be got rid of.

Currently, we require version 1.1.19 of CUPS, and these functions are
contained in 1.1.20.  The previous stable versions of both Debian and
Redhat use at least 1.1.22, and the current stable versions of each use
1.2.

I suggest that we require CUPS 1.1.20, which will allow us to get rid of
the last of the version-specific code in the cups subdirectory of
kdeprint.

The file in question is kdelibs/kdeprint/cups/cupsdconf2/cups-util.c.

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org
Ubuntu/Kubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.org http://www.kubuntu.org