Proxy handling in KDE4

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Mon Jul 2 14:15:45 BST 2007

Does anyone have information about proxy handling in KDE4?  I had a couple of
issues with KDE3 and a search of core-devel archives doesn't reveal much that
I could see.  Specifically:

* SOCKS support would never work right -- it'd always say "SOCKS could not be
loaded" even when they were installed and I pointed right to the library.
Standard dante library.
* No per-application method to override proxies.  For instance, if generally I
want a proxy for normal KDE usage but must not be using a proxy for some
specific app's functionality.  Or if I don't want a proxy normally but must
pipe some app's traffic through a SOCKS gateway.

Have either of these issues been looked at/resolved in KDE4 so far?

Thanks,
Jeff