problems compiling kdelibs

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Jan 30 20:23:59 GMT 2007

wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I want to compile the aktuall svn from kdelibs. Since yesterday i get
> > the following error-message:
> >
> > meinproc: symbol lookup error: meinproc: undefined symbol:
> > _ZN14KComponentDataC1ERK10QByte Array
> >
> > Do you have any idea?
>
> I was getting the same error yesterday.
> So I erased my installed KDE4 and started from scratch.
> Now kdelibs compiles ok.

The right thing is to use the RUN_UNINSTALLED keyword for
kde4_add_executable(), then it is compiled with RPATH to the builddir and
will be relinked when installing. From the docs at the top of
FindKDE4Internal.cmake:

# KDE4_ADD_EXECUTABLE (name [NOGUI] [RUN_UNINSTALLED] file1 ... fileN)
#    If the executable has to be run from the buildtree (e.g. unit tests and
#    code generators
#    used later on when compiling), set the option RUN_UNINSTALLED.
#

I committed the fix.

Bye
Alex