Requiring CMake 2.4.5 ?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Jan 29 18:28:31 GMT 2007

Tomas Mecir wrote:
>It might be worth mentioning that the required version -already- seems
>to be >2.4.3, as it's not possible to build kdelibs4 with CMake 2.4.3
>- it fails with a lot of errors like:
>CMake Error: Attempt to add link library "-lpthread" to target
>"kconfigtestgui" which is not built by this project.

That commit is the exact reason we're having this thread.

I wanted to build tests without rechecking the entire system (running
ccmake), so I made the modifications. I took care of detecting the
version, but another problem crept in that I hadn't noticed.

It's now reverted.

Alex, maybe there's another solution to the problem. What if we use a
source-less target?

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358