Experiments in highlighting widgets that have input focus

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 25 17:39:58 GMT 2007

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 January 2007 17:56, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> A while back there was a thread on usability about arranging things so
>> that KDE4 would very prominently mark the widget with active focus. A
>> while back I started working on a proof-of-concept mock-up by modifying
>> KDE3's plastik style.
>
> by all means commit it to playground/ and please pass this on to the oxygen
> developers ...artists at kde.org would be most interested methinks.

Ok, so I am a total KDE svn neophyte... :-) Right now what I have is
basically a mod of kdelibs-3.5.5/kstyles/plastik/, i.e. I am stealing
that build system.

So I'm not sure how to proceed. I am thinking maybe:
svn cp branches/KDE/3.5/kdelibs/styles/plastik
trunk/playground/base/plastik-focus
...? (Is playground/base the right place, or maybe playground/artwork
or...?)

...and then whatever I have to do to jerry-rig the build system back
into working?

Or would it be better to ignore the build system and say 'for this to
work, you have to check it out into an existing kdelibs-3.5*/styles/plastik?

--
Matthew
"I like to think of it as 'unplanned dissonance'" -- A fellow chorister