KConfig + KComponentData (Re: KInstance redesign)

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Sun Jan 21 11:58:14 GMT 2007

On Sunday 21 January 2007 12:09, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> not necessary, but nice IMHO (This would break _a lot_ of code. I'm not
> sure it's worth it):
> - remove the ::Ptr part of KSharedConfig and make it explicitly shared
> (well, detaching doesn't make much sense for KSharedConfig, though, no?)
> - make KConfig an explicitly shared class but different from KSharedConfig
> in that multiple (different/detached) objects may reference the same config
> file with the in memory reprensentation not having to be the same.

another idea:
make KConfig implicitly shared where detaching only detaches the currently set
group. This way the in memory representation of one config file is always
shared while different KConfig objects of the same config file don't change
each others group with setGroup. Calling setGroup would implicitly detach...

Then I believe we could remove KSharedConfig and make KConfig behave like
KSharedConfig does (i.e. have max. one in memory representation per config
file).

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de