Integrating Gwenview in kdegraphics?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jan 18 18:26:10 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 17 January 2007 9:58, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> Of course I won't claim to have an objective view, but I think it would be
> better to have only Gwenview, if I can make sure it provide all the
> features Kuickshow provide and can be as fast as Kuickshow (I like
> challenges! :-) )

imho, speed is indeed one of the two important things that could be improved
in gwenview. however, i don't think features are a problem =)

the other issue i see is that of better usability. the interface is cluttered
right now with a ton of toolbar buttons and widgetry. thankfully that's
probably more easily fixable than starting a new app from scratch. =) my
question to you, i suppose, is whether or not this is something you're
interested in working on. e.g.  would working with a usability team member be
something you'd enjoy doing?

cleaning up the interface, both in terms of visuals and usability, along with
speed improvements would make this a very attractive project to have in
kdegraphics to me. this isn't something i'd expect to see happen overnight or
even necessarily be "completed" in time for the 4.0 release, but i am
interested in what the development goals are and if they dovetail with kde's
goals as a desktop suite.

[1] this is an image viewer|browser after all; visuals matter =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se