Integrating Gwenview in kdegraphics?

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Thu Jan 18 14:28:38 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 17 January 2007 17:58, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> Of course I won't claim to have an objective view, but I think it would be
> better to have only Gwenview, if I can make sure it provide all the
> features Kuickshow provide and can be as fast as Kuickshow (I like
> challenges! :-) )

I like this 'if' there.  Not really a good idea to replace kuickshow until its
at least on-par.

As Reinhold also noted, there is lots to do.
Parts where IMO it still needs a lot of work are;
* speed
* better incremental loading (no background showing through)
* less clutter (I find the 'toolbar' at the top of the image view widget very
annoying and out of place)
* Sane defaults that don't make me panic. Which basically means, much much
less clutter.
* Usability review.  The 'control for zoom tool' really should be fixed.

ps. I think that space for next image is a good thing. Many people expect
that.
--
Thomas Zander