Some porting from KIO::Jobs to KJobs

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 14:06:07 GMT 2007

2007/1/18, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>:
> On Thursday 18 January 2007 12:22, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Jobs with no totalsize won't show any progress bar, I think. If it
> > does, it is a bug, and I'd like you to tell me.
>
> Which kind of visualization do they use instead?

Well, it should be shown all information as "Copying", "From", "To",
but on the progress string it should show something like "Processed
65Kib at 65.5Kib/s" if there is speed information, or "Processed
65Kib" if there's no total size, and not speed information. The
delegate just show the information it has.

> While I think that the "bouncing" progress bar is quite established, there are
> quite likely better ways (though this is probably more a detail for the
> usability experts)

Yes, I think a bouncing progress bar is a good idea for an unknown
total size downloading job.

> Cheers,
> Kevin

Thanks,