Integrating Gwenview in kdegraphics?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Jan 17 16:23:01 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 16 January 2007 8:07, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> I turned to #kde4-devel a few days ago, asking what could I do to get more
> involved in KDE. I was immediately answered to include Gwenview in
> kdegraphics :-).

what do we do with kuickshow? shipping two apps in the default package that
both aim to deliver the same result seems not great.

the entire kdegraphics module needs a good going over. there's a jumble of
apps in there, including ones that are too niche to ship with default kde
imho (e.g. kpovmodeller), ones that seem to overlap greatly (e.g.
kghostview/ligature/okular) and some that seem to have dubious maintainership
and relevance (e.g. kiconedit). not that i want to open that entire can of
worms in this thread, but i do think we should try not to make the matter
worse.

iow, if we are moving gwenview into kdegraphics can we please define what we
are going to do with kuickshow? the stakeholders seem to be cartsen pfeifer,
whomever is the kdegraphics maintainer (was that a "cue the laughter"
phrase?) and aurelien.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se