Can Q_GLOBAL_STATIC replace KStaticDelete ?

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Wed Jan 17 11:51:54 GMT 2007

Hi,

I'm all for moving to Q_GLOBAL_STATIC where it doesn't break things. I.e. it
will break if the dtor (or code called by the dtor) needs other objects like
KInstance or QCoreApplication.
For example a dirty KConfig object will need a KInstance object.

For those global statics we need to add a way to get destructed before
~KInstance is called.

I'm working on a K_GLOBAL_STATIC macro right now...

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de