kDebug improvements

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Wed Jan 17 08:43:03 GMT 2007

On Wed Jan 17 2007, Thomas Zander wrote:
> Changing the items you mention means changing _all_ the kDebug calls
> we have now. Which IMO is not only not worth it, its too risky to
> piss off a huge amount of developers.

I don't see how the proposed changes would break up the kDebug calls.
Sure, they will look different (two space sometimes instead of one, and
extra quotes), but unless the developer used some kind of filtering
program that depends on the exact output, for the human eye, this
shouldn't be a big problem.
And removing the extra << endl could be done in one go throughout the
code. Actually here is the only issue, about how to deal with:
kDebug() << "somestring";
somecode
kDebug() << "anotherstring" << endl;
if such case exists at all. IIRC kDebug already warns you about missing
endl.

I'm all for it, as it would really make things easier, especially this
endl stuff.

Andras