Integrating Gwenview in kdegraphics?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Jan 17 07:50:12 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 17 January 2007 08:31, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> Yes but,
>  - some of us thinks that kofficelib in a whole must aim toward reusability
> and be binary compatible, and treated as a top module (I can think of use
> of flake and kostore outside koffice)

I don't care much about grouping; but making it available is important. And
for the small amount of care I have for grouping, grouping by provenance
(this toplevel module contains stuff that came from koffice, this module
stuff that came from somewhere else) makes the least amount of sense to me.

>  - I don't target pigment to guarantee BIC before a long time (between
> Ko2.1 and Ko2.2), mostly because the main class of pigment is KoColorSpace
> which is full of "virtual" function, while with the recent API change,
> using slots/qInvokeMethods (to simiulate virtual) will have a less
> important impact on the speed of the library, but I do find this painful
> and horrible.

I don't see binary incompatibility as a big problem during development of a
library; I also don't see any move happening soon.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi