Integrating Gwenview in kdegraphics?

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Jan 16 19:02:07 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 16 January 2007 18:20, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
> >> We should also speak about dependencies: right now Gwenview depends on
> >> exiv2 and libkipi. Is it acceptable?
> >
> > No, since libkipi is in extragear. It should move to kdegraphics I guess
> > (or kdegraphicslibs later if we indeed make one lib module per main
> > module).
>
> That's what I thought too. But this means libkipi will be subject to the
> same BIC rules as kdelibs then. I am not sure it's possible for libkipi to
> have such constraints, since I don't think the API is mature enough.
>
> I guess I can either:
> - drop libkipi support

 KIPI support in Gwenview is a compile option, unless that has changed
recently, so I don't think this one is really needed. And as such it's not a
hard dependency. I wonder if it would be acceptable to have a recommended
dependency on part of extragear?

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz