KDE 4: Text labels underneath toolbar icons

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 23:28:07 GMT 2007

Hello Dennis,

This topic really belongs on the KDE usability mailing list, not here.
 This mailing list mostly concerns technical topics about KDE's inner
workings, and as such the people who are best able to make decisions
about user interface issues might not be reading it.

I also think this is a topic where speculation should be avoided at
all costs.  I think that some testing with real users in a variety of
languages is essential to make a sensible decision.

> Just show tooltips, but don't wait a second, show them instantly.

I think that negates the benefits of having labelled icons because you
have to mouse over each and every one to see what they do.

I have other ideas about this, but I will save them until this post
turns up on kde-usability.

Regards,
Robert.