Button order in KFileDialog

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 04:29:20 GMT 2007

Actually, I just saw it and noticed the inconsistency, nothing else.
I have also noticed that the interface of KFileDialog works well the
way it is, but IMHO consistency is (more) important because two things
that are consistent take less effort to learn and use than two
different things. This is a minor detail here, but details add up.
Also, consider how quickly the file dialog and konqueror's buttons can
be used in succession in a "typical workflow".
This is about a little loss of fine tuning for a little gain in
consistency - no actual features will suffer :)
More arguments, Ellen? Do you read this list?