kfilemetainfo using strigi

Jos van den Oever jvdoever at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 21:00:51 GMT 2007

2007/1/11, David Faure <faure at kde.org>:
> On Thursday 11 January 2007 21:34, Jos van den Oever wrote:
> > The class
> > FilePlugin will go, because Strigi provides similar loadable plugins.
> > I've looked for implementations of this class and found only two in
> > kdelibs and kdebase.
>
> Do you mean KFilePlugin? There are -many- kfileplugins around.
> http://lxr.kde.org/ident?i=KFilePlugin

Yes, I meant in kdelibs and kdebase. Changing the KFileMetaInfo API
will have to happen in a branch because of the many implementations in
the other libraries.  The point was that I can work relatively
independently on that in the branch until it think it has stabilized
enough.

Eventually, I'd like to have people port the KFilePlugins to Strigi
analyzers that work (mostly) on streams. This will make metadata
extraction faster because the data is loaded only once. But until
KFileMetaInfo has changed and stabilized I dont want to upset the
KFilePlugin implementations in the rest of KDE.

Cheers,
Jos