Can Q_GLOBAL_STATIC replace KStaticDelete ?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Jan 8 18:56:10 GMT 2007

Matthias Kretz wrote:
>> - KStaticDeleter delete objects in  ~KApplication ,  while
>> Q_GLOBAL_STATIC delete object after the end of main()
>
>This is a blocker for Q_GLOBAL_STATIC in many places of KDE. Many things
> must be cleaned up before QCoreApplication is gone (just see my latest
> commit to kdelibs/phonon).

I saw the commit, but it doesn't explain why there is such a requirement.

Why must those objects be deleted before QCoreApplication does away? Or
why must they be deleted between QCoreApplication's destructor and the
application's real exit?

What happens to those objects if the application exits without
QCoreApplication's destructor running?
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358