kiconloader's other api change

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Jan 8 09:31:33 GMT 2007

On Saturday 06 January 2007 22:15, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Mirko Boehm wrote:
> >On Saturday 06 January 2007 05:48, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> >> KStaticDeleter isn't thread-safe.
> >
> >All threads should have exited at the time when statics are deleted. It
> > is good practise to not have threads running when you exit main.
>
> I meant the creation. The object creation isn't thread-safe and leaks if
> reentered.

Note that thread-safe creation of an iconloader that works with QPixmaps
is kind of useless, though ;)

I like how it makes the code shorter though. I just hope it works fine in all the
cases that kstaticdeleter was tested with (library unloading; detecting calls after
deletion - kstaticdeleter resets the global pointer to 0 in its destructor). Time will tell.