private slots

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sat Jan 6 10:26:23 GMT 2007

On Saturday 06 January 2007 11:01, André Wöbbeking wrote:
> > at least not if an application programmer will
> > have to go to an extra effort to even figure out that there's a _k_*
> > slot that could be called in the first place.
>
> Maybe a bad habit but very often I use the source code instead of the
> docs so I would "find" the _k_* slot very fast.

That's not really a problem; its open source so we can never hide it anyway.
Its about you being able to shoot yourself in the foot by doing something that
the API obviously does not allow and is not supported in anyway.

If you go through lengths to find a gun and point it to a foot that's clearly
marked as "Don't point anything here!". Well, that's your problem.
--
Thomas Zander