new platforms announcement

Joseph M. Gaffney cucullin at wtfisthat.net
Fri Jan 5 16:56:25 GMT 2007

Top-posting as this is new to kde-core-devel....

At kde-promo, an article is being prepared bringing up KDE and cross-platform
development As this partially pertains to the recent discussion on linuxisms
& CIFS, we'd appreciate your input on what to refer to, or more help if your
time allows.

While presenting some screen shots to demonstrate KDE 4 apps running on
Windows & OSX, we'd like to include links to the new developer wiki at
http://developernew.kde.org with information on developing in OSX and Windows
(as far as build environment and such goes), as well as a tutorial for each
OS to get one specific app built, and include some screen shots (which would
probably be nice to include in the wiki tutorials anyways).  While
kdelibs.com and the Fink KDE site has information, it would be a Good Thing
to get this all centralized and on the wiki.

Anyone around that could help with this?  Hopefully this article will garnish
some Windows & OSX developer interest to participate in KDE 4's development,
as well as the interest of ISV's.

Thanks,

-Joseph M. Gaffney