kdeattic

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Thu Jan 4 08:05:47 GMT 2007

At Thursday 04 January 2007 00:58, you wrote:
> Thomas Zander wrote:
> >What about having a wiki page with revision number of deletion and
> >instructions on how to get it from svn?
> >like:
> >  "kedit was deleted in 12345
> >  " To get it from svn use:   svn co -r 12344 /trunk/KDE/foo/bar "
> >etc.
>
> Wiki is better than my original idea of a .txt file in Subversion :-)

Although KEdit might just be case where it is better to delete it (I don't know), I would like not to remove projects in general.
There is no chance in the world anyone would do a full checkout of obsolete stuff, chances are better that you want to look at a certain file for a second, I would normally use websvn for that. Using websvn for deleted stuff is a real pain.
Also if the stuff is easy accessible it might be up for adoption easier (no difficult start).

Again, I'm talking about abandoned/unmaintained projects in general, not about KEdit, which might not be usefull to keep around at all.

Toma