No love for dcoprss

Frerich Raabe raabe at kde.org
Wed Jan 3 22:21:09 GMT 2007

Hi,

does anybody know whether dcoprss (in kdenetwork, it would not surprise me if
mentioning made you mumble 'dcopwhat?') is actually used anywhere? I just
noticed that it has its own XMLRPC client library (instead of using the one
in kdepimlibs), it still uses DCOP, and it uses librss (instead of
libsyndication in kdepimlibs).

I'm actually trying to get rid of librss and except for KNT (which I'll deal
with separately) dcoprss esems to be the only thing using it. I'd rather
throw it away instead of porting it though - unless somebody complains.

For what it's worth, I thought Kontact used it, but lxr did not show anything
(or I just didn't look for the right identifiers).

Another thing (I don't want to start a new thread for this): is it moral to
have kdenetwork depend on kdepimlibs?

- Frerich