(Re:) Next monday will be a tuesday (again)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jan 2 01:59:39 GMT 2007

On Monday 01 January 2007 16:32, Richard Moore wrote:
> Not quite, I'm thinking more of the case of modifying
> instance()->dirs(). It just seems a bad idea to let something

ah ... it's a similar problem to adding message catalogs, isn't it? and yeah,
i'm not sure what the solution is there; we could always ref-count the
instance()->dirs() i suppose but that seems a bit overkill?

of course, this was a problem before this. in those cases the answer seems to
have been to create your own KInstance and get an iconloader that way. in
this case it means a few extra lines of code ... if that becomes an issue,
perhaps we can do something like have a KIconLoader ctor that causes the
creation of an internal KInstance, so instead of creating a KInstance to get
a KIconLoader one would do it the other way around in these cases. though
that sounds rather odd since you'll usually want the KInstance for other
things as well. hmm.. no, i think the couple lines of code are the cleanest
way...

anyone else have a better idea?

--
Aaron J. Seigo