RFC: Drop notice: KNetwork

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Feb 28 19:45:32 GMT 2007

On 28-Feb-07, at 2:28 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Functionality that QtNetwork brings us:
> 1) SOCKS5 proxying
> 1.bis) SOCKS5 proxying without using Dante and a its config file
> 2) HTTP proxying with authentication, including plain, LOGIN, CRAM-
> MD5,
> DIGEST-MD5 and NTLM support out-of-the-box

    Note: NTLMv1 (not v2), and CRAM-MD5 isn't working yet.  Also add
"Basic".

    Also, SSL. :-)  The only things keeping us from replacing KSSL
altogether:
1) Database management for certificates, aka "the hard part"
2) Multi-process session handling
3) Site compatibility testing

    With a bit of work we might be able to really start dumping big
chunks of libkssl though.  The nice thing about Qt's SSL support is
that it's fairly safe by default.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/