I "like" Mandriva's attitude (Fwd: Re: well-known user folders, a proposal)

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Feb 28 18:29:18 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 28 February 2007 14:57, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 11:53:58PM +0100, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > why newly installed programs show up in GNOME but not in KDE
> > (Debian/Kubuntu breaking KDE's compliance with the menu spec), etc.
>
> Where have you seen this reported?  I can't think of any reason why
> using a different menu filename should cause this to happen.

The Debian bug report (by myself) is here

The problem, at least with Debian's patch, was that it also changed the
directory KDE looked for which is a violation of the spec (different file is
ok)

If this also applies to Kubuntu depends how much your packages differ from
Debian's

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring