Porting problems with KMainWindow::readProperties()

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Mon Feb 26 17:39:39 GMT 2007

Am Samstag 24 Februar 2007 schrieb Tobias Koenig:

> That looks really strange... passing just a group here when the
> application needs the whole config object to access also other groups
> is really pointless IMHO. We should pass the KConfig* object here...

No, the FooBarMainWindow's readProperties function should not read from others
groups as it breaks the whole purpose of readProperties. And yes, there is
broken code outside, but can you explain why would need to read from "view"
in a function documented as this?

   /**
    * Read your instance-specific properties.
    */

Greetings, Stephan