Call for ideas: Google Summer of Code 2007

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Feb 25 01:40:04 GMT 2007

On Sunday 25 February 2007 02:19, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Feel free to edit the page and add your ideas. But please LOG IN to the
> wiki before doing so. Tracking anonymous edits isn't fun.

Since you mention LOG IN :)
(yeah, I know, I am an opportunistic bastard ;))

This isn't a KDE programming related idea, but what about having someone
implement OpenID [1] for KDE services, e.g. mailinglist subscriptions, bug
tracking system, Wikis, kde-forum, ....

In the recent "discussion" Linus had with a couple of GNOME developers he
pointed out that while he understands that attaching patches to a bug report
is the preferred way, he didn't just like the idea to create yet another
online identity.

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] http://openid.net/