I "like" Mandriva's attitude (Fwd: Re: well-known user folders, a proposal)

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Sat Feb 24 20:35:55 GMT 2007

On Saturday 24 February 2007, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> I said that given this is free software, there's no guarantee to get a
> reply from a mailing-list (or shall we say, even less than from a
> commercial tech support).

I don't think they ever wanted to get an answer. Mandriva just do stuff in its
own corner. I used to like that distribution, but, they often package beta
software (last year it was xorg, this year I noticed KOffice..., which
explains why I am very angry at them ;) ), you don't need to ask a question
on a mailing list to know that beta software isn't ready for prime time. And
I doubt that manuals would help (maybe putting in the manual "don't ship beta
software because beta means that we consider there is a too much bugs in
it ?".

--
Cyrille Berger