organizing kdebase

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Fri Feb 23 09:08:32 GMT 2007

On Thursday 22 February 2007 17:43, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> however, i didn't consider scripts a reason to put something into runtime/,
> which i kept specifically for application software (which can be written in
> python, ruby, etc.. but that's not a "script" in my mind). scripts can
> depend on kdebase/?

This distinction between "applications" and "scripts" sounds a bit artificial
to me. Both are KDE applications in the sense that they use the KDE
infrastructure to fulfill a task for the user.

I see why you see a difference there, but expressing this through dependencies
by putting them in a separately installed package or in a special area in SVN
seems to be too fine granular to me.

So I think it's fine to put them into runtime. We could put them into an own
subdirectory there to express that they are different than other parts of the
runtime, though.