I "like" Mandriva's attitude (Fwd: Re: well-known user folders, a proposal)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Feb 22 23:13:48 GMT 2007

hi Philip =)

On February 22, 2007, Philip Rodrigues wrote:
> > ok. let's make one on devnew then. just need to decide if it fits more in
> > the sys admin area, or in the to-be-constructed system integrator area.
> > hum hum. i'll plop it in SysAdmin/ for now and we can always move it
> > later.
>
> There's some content you might find useful in the User Guide (I think it's
> on enterprise.kde.org too):
> http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebase/userguide/kde-for-administrators.html

yeah, i -just- found that actually. interesting material. and i don't want to
duplicate the efforts of the documentation team here, so i'd like your
opinion/thoughts/wisdom here if you don't mind:

where do you think we should keep this information?

i don't think we should have multiple copies of it kicking around all over the
place; we can have one canonical version of it somewhere and perhaps
reference it from everywhere else (e.g. link to it, or generate off-line
versions?)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se