I "like" Mandriva's attitude (Fwd: Re: well-known user folders, a proposal)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Feb 22 21:52:30 GMT 2007

On February 22, 2007, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Thursday 22 February 2007 18:16, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On February 22, 2007, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > > 1) isn't the KFileDialog speedbar configurable?
> >
> > yes.
>
> Sorry, this was basically a sarcastic question :)

ah. see, i get to deal with so many, uh, "entry level" questions on a daily
basis that i try and switch off my sarcast-o-meter when answering queries.
otherwise i get playfully snarky which people interpret as mean-spirited
snarky. ha!

> I was just angry that Mandriva again(!) managed to patch KDE before using
> the already present customization option.

indeed.

> > in kdeglobals should do it. boy do we need a "customizing kde for sys
> > admins and system integrators" catalog somewhere....
>
> Now that would be great

ok. let's make one on devnew then. just need to decide if it fits more in the
sys admin area, or in the to-be-constructed system integrator area. hum hum.
i'll plop it in SysAdmin/ for now and we can always move it later.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se