Qt bug affecting KDE4 KHistoryCombo

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Feb 21 19:23:15 GMT 2007

Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>The Qt bug is scheduled for fixing in Qt4.3, so how should we proceed?
> Try to fix KHistoryCombo::addToHistory, ignore the error and wait until
> Qt4.3 and pray for it to be fixed or maybe even rewrite KHistoryCombo
> (i thought some people hinting that afair)?

If it's fixed in Qt 4.3, I see no need to have a workaround.

As developers, we have the tendency to work around bugs instead of having
them properly fixed. I hope we forego that attitude for the KDE 4.0
release. So, if the trolls said they'll fix it for 4.3.0, it's likely
they will.

So I'd wait on that rather than spend time and effort writing a
replacement that we'll later delete.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358