Question to KPluginSelector

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Wed Feb 21 16:08:55 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 09:55, mETz wrote:
> On Tuesday February 20 2007 21:31, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> > The starting of the thing was that I suggested Kate to use
> > kpluginselector to their plugin selection thing, and they replied me that
> > kpluginselector interface was a pain. And is some kind of true.

interface == API or interface == GUI?

> It's not only a pain, it looks very ugly and resizes the window at will
> when loading another kcm.

The alternatives to resize on load is to load all KCMs on first show of the
dialog (not a good idea as it can take quite a long time), put the config
widget inside a QScrollArea or to create a "dialog in a dialog".

IMHO resize on load of a KCM is the least evil of all those.

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de