Question to KPluginSelector

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Wed Feb 21 16:00:57 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 21:31, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> Now I want to ask: what you think if instead the tree at the left and the
> config dialog at the right I remove the config dialog, and put a button
> below the list, for "Configure" that will show the dialog with the
> configuration. We could also add support for plugin descriptions.

The idea was to not have a "dialog in a dialog" situation if possible. For an
application like Kopete (or like KView was, where the class originated from)
it really should show the config embedded. For cases like Konqueror there was
(in 3.5 times - you seem to have removed it) a method to hide the
QStackedWidget by default - but for some reason it was not used for
Konqueror?

Plugin descriptions are already there as tooltips. You might want to extend
that to permanently show something or show something on top of the config
widget when a plugin is selected on the left.

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de