getting the internal name of a KAction

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Mon Feb 19 18:18:15 GMT 2007

Hello,

With revision 621518 (by Haussmann), the KAction ctors no longer call
QAction->setObjectName().  As a result, the name of the KAction is no
longer accessible.

In KActionCollection, it is possible to identify an action given a name,
but one cannot retrieve the name given an action.  I' like to be able to
do this.  My use case is that I have a slot in which I construct the
name of a data file based on the name of the invoking action:

void KStars::slotColorScheme() {
	QString filename = QString( sender()->objectName() ) + ".colors";
	loadColorScheme( filename );
}

I see that KAction no longer passes a name parameter in the ctor, but
the names must be stored in KActionCollection, since we have
action(QString name).  Can we also have:

QString KActionCollection::actionName( KAction *a )

thanks,
Jason