Additions to kconfig_compiler for enum types

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Feb 19 17:52:50 GMT 2007

On February 19, 2007, David Jarvie wrote:
> On Monday 19 February 2007 00:42:17 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On February 18, 2007, David Jarvie wrote:
> this. However, if externally defined enums are introduced (as below), I
> could accept the restriction that elements must have unique names where the
> enums are defined in the settings class, since there would then be the
> option to name the elements independently elsewhere. Ruling out duplicate
> names, we could then simply declare the enums without embedding them in
> special enum classes:

the question will be how many kcfg files would need to be updated with this
new restriction in place. hopefully few to none =)

> I think that the presence of "::" in the names of enum elements could
> specify that an externally defined enum should be used.

that would make a good deal of sense... i like it

> Enums are already defined automatically by KConfigXT - I don't see that
> extending this to specifying the enums' names is a departure from its
> purpose.

oh, i know it does this currently; i'm just not sure it was the best way to go
about doing it in the first place =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se