QtScript

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Feb 12 17:51:28 GMT 2007

Christoph Cullmann wrote:
>But my main question is still open, will qt-copy be updated to any new
> qt snapshot in the near future?

I think the general understanding is that we'll switch to Qt 4.3 when it's
released.

However, I would like to see the switch happen sooner. In special, there
are some features that we badly need (QtScript and some things in
QtDBus), but should get some testing before the official Qt release. Once
it's released, it's frozen as an API.

Of course, this means people can no longer build KDE using their
distro-provided Qt 4.2.2 packages.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358