Louis Armstrong and aKademy

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Feb 12 11:36:54 GMT 2007

Things have come to a pretty pass,
Our romance is growing flat,
For you like this and the other
While I go for this and that.
Goodness knows what the end will be;
Oh, I don't know where I'm at...
It looks as if we two will never be one,
Something must be done.

OK, Ella Fitzgerald as well. The aKademy 2007 call for papers has been open
for a month or so (see http://akademy2007.kde.org/conference/cfp.php ,
submissions go through our Pentabarf setup at
https://akademy2007.cis.strath.ac.uk/pentabarf/submission/ak2007 ). There are
two days left in the submission period. We specifically put the submissions
period fairly early in order to leave ample time for review, acceptance and
to give authors the chance to get visas on time (if visas are needed).

So far there are four (4) submissions, none of which need visas for Scotland.
That's relaxing, it means there's hardly any work to do in reviewing stuff.
It's also kind of discouraging to think that there's not even a hint of
enthusiasm for presenting things at this year's aKademy. Here's a list of
speakers and topics I would *personally* like to see.

- Phonon. What is it and how to use it in apps. (M Kretz)
- Solid. What is it and how to use it in apps. (K Krammer)
- Decibel. What is it and how to use it in apps. (Hartmut?)
- Sonnet. What is it and how to use it in apps. (J Rideout)
	(Fortunately, Jacob *has* submitted an abstract)
- Akonadi. What is it and how to use it in apps. (T Konig)
- Khalkhi. What is it and how to use it in apps. (F Kossebeau)
- Plasma. What is it and how to use it in apps. (A Seigo)
- Strigi. What is it and how to use it in apps. (J vanden Oever)
- Threadweaver. Make apps look fast! (M Boehm)
- User support. What is it and how to contribute. (B Schoenmakers)
- Documentation support. What is it and how to contribute. (R Endres)
- Website support. What is it and how to contribute. (D Haumann)
- Unit tests for all. (D Faure)
- Quality checking. (A Winter)
- Translation support. What is it and how to contribute. (K Connelly)
- Translation support (2). How developers should write strings. (C Ilych)
- Usability. What is it and how to listen to the experts. (C Paul)
- Release planning. What is it and how to contribute. (T Albers)
- Down with C++. RAD for KDE with Ruby & Python. (R Dale)
- Walking hand-in-hand. Guidance for new developers. (S Kulow)

Please, take the time (about 15 minutes) to register with the Pentabarf setup
and then adding a talk for your subject.

[ade]

--
Adriaan de Groot
  KDE Quality Team   http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/