QtScript

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Mon Feb 12 06:12:12 GMT 2007

On Friday 09 February 2007 17:28, Sebastian Sauer wrote:
> to provide another idea;
> cause Kross as well as QtScript are using the Qt meta system, it could also
> be an idea to let Kate Scripts (using QtScript) control Kross and offer
> that way support to other scripting backends.
I want to use scripts in KDE 4 for example to do the indentation of the text,
which means, possibly on each keypress the script (or a script function) must
run. Therefor more important than multiple scripting backends is pure speed.
Atm even the handcrafted kjs bindings are kind of slow (and yes, we only
parse the script once and then eval functions). Therefor I don't see me using
Kross atm. or in the future for our kate part. It may be a option for the
scripting of the kate app, but we haven't looked into this atm.. (if we can
reach the js bindings of the part with it)

cu
Christoph

--
Christoph Cullmann