KConfigGroup (Re: KDE/kdelibs/khtml)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Feb 11 18:30:35 GMT 2007

On February 11, 2007, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> On that topic: why do we still need the read only argument? Shouldn't
> KConfig know pretty well if it was changed?

the only utility i can see in it is that it prevents a call to sync() if the
programmer sets the config to read only. a similar effect can be achieved if
one simply doesn't set any values in the config; though there is one odd
effect i see looking at the code: it seems you can temporarily set values in
a config object without having them written out to disk by making the
KConfigBase derived-object readOnly and then setting values. not sure what
the use case is there ...

unless someone can actually come up with such a use case, i also don't
particularly see the need for read only at this point.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se