QtScript

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Feb 6 09:25:13 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 06 February 2007, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> And on top of that I believe you want to reuse as much as possible of your
> existing internal API and use adaptors to slightly adjust interfaces (for
> example use different return types for methods that return references to
> other objects), instead of duplicating your entire existing API, which is
> what you have to do with kross. Just look at kword's scripting plugin to
> see what I mean.

But you definitely don't want to expose or duplicate your internal application
api for scripting! It's much better to design a separate api that can stay
stable through application refactorings and that is optimized for the tasks
users use scripting for.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi