3.5.6 'make check' problems (base)

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 5 23:52:59 GMT 2007

David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 05 February 2007, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>>  the tests are already compiled daily
>>> with the rest of the code.
>> Um, until I catch the "already" part. My apologies, I was remembering
>> hearing 'we /will/ do this', not 'we /now are/ doing this'. :-)
>
> That was about running them: we are not running them automatically yet.
> But we are definitely compiling them (many developers do, and the automated
> build does too). The fact that it's part of "make" when the option is on, helps a lot.

Ah, ok, so I guess we were both right. :-)

At least this problem is caught by trying to build (so are most of the
stupid ones, actually, if it is in a clean i.e. KDE-not-installed
environment).

I like that word "yet". :-) Hopefully it is honest, and in the future
'make check' /will/ be run. I still think it should be a required part
of cutting a package, at the least. (Heck, at the rate I'm going, maybe
you'll even be able to require it of 3.5.7 :-).)

--
Matthew
This message is non-smoking