FIX: plastik style poor color choices for tree views

Remi Villatel maxilys at tele2.fr
Mon Feb 5 16:40:40 GMT 2007

On Monday 05 February 2007 16:15, Matthew Woehlke wrote:

> > In certain color schemes (particularly dark window background color),
> > the Plastik style makes poor color choices that can make the lines in
> > tree views, and the boxes around the expand icons, nearly invisible.

If this was the only problem...

[---CUT---]
> Well, I guess if no one wants to comment I am going to commit this... it
> can always be reverted later, after all.

Plastik is almost unusable if your use white text on a very dark background,
a lot of framings become invisible.

You want a comment, here is mine: You aren't at the very beginning of your
patching job if you want to make Plastik usable with a so-called dark
colorscheme.

To support dark colorschemes, my style (Serenity) makes a really extensive
use of its equivalent of alphaBlendColors(), especially to replace any
fixed .light() and .dark() which have the inverse of the appropriate effect
when the colors are inverted. background.dark() for example doesn't produce
any visible result when background == #000000, neither does
foreground.light() when foreground == #FFFFFF. You really haven't started
yet!

Just my 0.02 Euro,