kuiserver refactoring (again)

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Feb 5 12:56:06 GMT 2007

On Monday 05 February 2007 11:33, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> Le Lundi 5 Février 2007 09:30, Olivier Goffart a écrit :
> > It'll be cool if D-Bus could tell us when an application crash.
>
> It can tell us when a service disappear from the bus[*]. So it should work
> both for kuiserver and knotify. If I'm not mistaken, you'd just have to
> keep the service name of the sender and remove any resource it requested
> when it goes away.

Yes, the bus sends signal NameOwnerChanged, where the name is the unique
connection name, old owner as well and new owner is empty.

Something like this
NameOwnerChanged(":1.12", ":1.12", "")

It is likely that the API you pointed to is using this internally and then
calls serviceUnregistered(":1.12")

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring