kuiserver refactoring (again)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Feb 5 10:22:37 GMT 2007

On Monday 05 February 2007, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Le Mon Feb 5 2007, Rafael Fernández López a écrit :
>
> > I managed to get rid of the newAction dbus method on the kuiserver
> > interface, so it can't be called through dbus. In addittion, a new
> > parameter is added to newJob on the kuiserver, that is the capabilities of
> > the job.
>
> So that mean we can't have customs actions ?
> (such as "show more info" or "speed up")

We were lacking a good use case for those custom actions.
"Show more info" is actually a use case for it, I hadn't thought about that.
Anything else seemed to make little sense...
But do we have at least one or two applications that wants to implement a 'show more info'
action on jobs? The old rule for what goes into kdelibs was: at least 2 apps must need it.
Right now we have zero, so let's wait until the apps request it, now that the idea is out in the open.