KLocale::formatDate()

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sat Feb 3 21:43:27 GMT 2007

Is there a good reason why there is no static member KLocale::formatDate()
that takes a format string (instead of using the locale format string)? That
would make the special processing available for the escapes available in more
places.

I'm asking in particular because I found some code that does:

QString oldFormat = KGlobal::locale()->dateFormat();
KGlobal::locale()->setDateFormat(newFormat);
QString formattedDate = KGlobal::locale()->formatDate(date);
KGlobal::locale()->setDateFormat(oldFormat);

Which seems entirely autoconf to me ;)

I'm looking at KDE3 code; this would be an addition to the KDE4 API.

--
KDE Quality Team  http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/
GPG: FEA2 A3FE    http://people.fruitsalad.org/adridg/