drag and drop from settings:/*

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Feb 1 21:45:07 GMT 2007

Hi,

sorry it took so long before I finally looked at this.

On Thursday 01 February 2007, Jens Herden wrote:
> > Country  /   Region-Language
> >
> > The slash character (/) makes it look like a directory but it is not an
> > extra directory. (Or at least I suppose that it is what the answer means.)
>
> But this is just the displayed name in konqi, when I do a right click -> copy
> in order to get the url of this entry I can see this after I paste to a
> textfield:
>
> file:///opt/kde3/share/applications/kde/language.desktop
>
> So I get the location of the desktop file for the KControl module. Why am I
> not able to paste this to the desktop?

Bug in kio_settings, fixed by encoding UDS_NAME correctly.
The effect of the bug was quite unexpected and seemed far from where the bug was,
due to the logic in CopyJob::slotEntries when fileNameUsedForCopying comes from the url:
to determine the destination filename we count the number of slashes, so that "<full source url>/subdir/myfile"
becomes "<destination url>/subdir/myfile". So the '/' in the name was the reason for the destination
filename being <Desktop>/kde/language.desktop as seen in the error message.