kcontrol empty

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Feb 2 08:43:39 GMT 2007

On 02.02.07 09:39:14, Marcus Hufgard (Kalkwerk Hufgard GmbH) wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 02.02.07 09:18:26, Marcus Hufgard (Kalkwerk Hufgard GmbH) wrote:
> >
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I had a bad problem. Under the actuall svn build of KDE4 my control
> >> Center is empty. There is no index.
> >>
> >> I use kunbuntu and build the actuall svn.
> >>
> >> Do you have any idea?
> >>

> > Uhm, you do know that KDE4 is not meant for end-users? Anyway, run
> > kbuildsycoca from KDE4 and then retry kcontrol.
>
> i know it, cause i also work on an kde4 application :-)

hehe.

> But i want to setup things with kcontrol but there is no index on it.
> After kbuildsycoca it didn't work either.

Hmm, I can't check right now, but I recall that last time I used
kcontrol it didn't work for me either. I guess its just broken at the
moment.

BTW: What do you want to setup through kcontrol? Are you running a fulle
KDE4 session?

Andreas

--
Keep emotionally active.  Cater to your favorite neurosis.